Knapp, Schenck & Company is a full service agency. In addition to our underwriting and loss control services we provide extensive claim services; including but not limited to regular periodic claims reviews, development of client specific claims handling instructions, verification and negotiation of proper claims reserving, act as communications liaison between the insured and the adjusters, analysis and verification of loss experience factors, analysis of trends, and identification of repeating patterns and problem areas. You can improve your overall claims experience and keep associated costs at a minimum if you have an acute awareness of your claims. Unless your claims are handled timely and efficiently, you may not be able to identify costly problems.
What to do in the event of a loss?
- First, if anyone is injured, provide immediate first aid assistance and call for emergency services.
- Take appropriate steps to prevent further damage to the property.
- Co-operate fully with the police but do not make any admissions about your responsibility in the accident/incident regardless of fault.
- Report the claim to your insurance agent immediately.
- If you have received a summons and/or complaint you should notify us immediately to be sure your interests have been properly protected.
Claims Reporting Information
To Report the Claim directly to your insurance company, find the proper link here.
- To report a claim by telephone: 1-617-742-3366, in the event of an emergency call 781-760-6591 or 617-650-0246
- To report a claim by facsimile: 1-617-742-2832
- To report a claim by mail: One India Street, Suite 204, Boston, MA 02109
- To reach the claims department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When reporting a claim, you should have the following information available:
- The date, time and location of accident/incident Description of accident/incident
- Name and address of the owner of the property or automobile
- Driver’s name, address, date of birth and driver’s license number, if applicable
- Year, make, model and vehicle identification numbers for all autos involved, if applicable.
- If theft of property, file a police report
- Contact Information (address and telephone numbers)